Saturday, March 03, 2007

golden triangle

this is a hot spring with people cooking their eggs in it. nothing in the universe more sulphury and eggy.
nothing.
on the way to the golden triangle (where burma, thailand and laos meet) we stopped at this strange, newly built temple. our guide was a delightful transsexual named Dew. and yes, he wore a bra.

these are the hands of fallen souls as you enter the mouth of hell. not really hell, just a cement and stucco version of it. and it costs like fifty cents to get in.


ok, here we are. the golden triangle. kind of like the four corners, but with opium. also, we're making a triangle with our fingers.

dragon head! freakin me out... dragon head! still freakin me out...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jasph said...

The girl I lost my virginity with was a blonde, so I have an entirely different association with the fabled golden triangle.

Those fallen soul arms reaching up from hell remind me of a meeting we had in the Heartland Theater a couple weeks ago. They showed a video called "Hallmark Unscripted," and the first image was our CEO talking off a teleprompter. He's a great guy, but jeez. OK, maybe the telepromper just said "improvise" and he was just riffing. But our arms were all reaching up to claw our own eyes out.

And hey, you know what? You could have freaked over dragon heads and never left town, cuz the Nelson has a couple of those. Except I think they're carved out of wood, whereas the ones in your photo appear to be actual petrified dragon.

I raise a glass of black jelly drink in your direction. Wait, it's just coffee.

11:47 PM  
Blogger djayt said...

I didn't even realize the golden triangle was a place you could visit. I just thought it was a sort of generic origination point for drugs.

You might want to be careful throwin' the gang signs. Just sayin'.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home