Sunday, April 29, 2007

myanmar miscellany

ox cart taxi. it's smelly AND slow!

crouching boat scamp proudly wearing her "i heart america" dress. because who doesn't heart america?
we took a boat ride up a river to visit some ancient temples. imagine that.

riverside activity. a whole lot of selling, bathing and everyday life happening. yes, pooping, too.

these reminded me of the time joren went to puppet college.




razor sharp toenails. scratchy, too.

temple statue... it just goes to show that religion isn't scary at all...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasph said...

That photo/caption combo about religion is one of the funnier things I've read in quite some time.

That's your birthday compliment, Beth. Happy 37! And although you may think that's an oxymoron, trust me--when you hit 50 you'll look back on this fair age with a sigh and a smile and a stiff drink.

I was an incredible hunk of man at 37. Really. I was too busy doing inverted sit-ups to anticipate what a dozen years of sitting on my ass writing 12 to 16 hours a day would do to me. Not to mention how the bootprints of the fabled march of time would land upon my face and head.

Still, for a cadaver, I'm dashing as hell. And genteel enough to wish you a bountiful, beautiful b-day.

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home